Don’t let all your hard work go for nothing.
Buyers are lined up for businesses as good as yours.
We sell more than 90% of the businesses we represent.
The industry standard is less than 30%.
So, why the big difference?
Because here at Texas Business Buyers, we curate matches between sustainable, profitable businesses and motivated, qualified buyers. We do everything in our power to assess your business for a fair valuation and simplify the change of ownership — freeing you up to live your life and enjoy the (cash) fruits of your labor.
We’re friendly, down-to-earth people, but we take every step of the process seriously.
Average of 6 months from listing to ownership change- half the time of some other brokers!
We acquire offers at 95-100% of asking price consistently.
50% of our transactions come from our internal VIP buyer network – the largest of its kind.
Clint with Texas Business Buyers sold my business in 30 days at the price I wanted. He had multiple interested qualified buyers and Clint surrounds himself with successful professional business colleagues. He was very organized, professional and made the whole process enjoyable. I would highly recommend Clint if you want the absolute best!
Cody Goss Former Owner- Goss Pest Control, Kerrville TX
These guys went above and beyond to get my deal closed and get me max money! I couldn’t be more pleased. I feel like they kept me in the loop through the trials of the deal. It was a unique and different set of circumstances. They educated me on the process along the way. I was very pleased with their service and the results. I searched for a broker for a couple of years that would take on my company. Many brokers don’t want to mess with rural Texas company worth less than 1 million. I think Clint and the team have found a niche.
Aaron Laughlin- Former Owner, Antigua Special Care Moving Service, Abilene, TX
You’re already busy running a profitable business. You don’t have time to waste on vetting buyers and tire-kickers. And you can’t afford for word to slowly spread that your business is for sale.
Texas Business Buyers has streamlined the process and maintains a list of cash-in-hand buyers who are eager to purchase at our recommendation. We’re constantly refining our process to ensure that every seller gets a fair market price for their business. We work quickly by using technology like electronic signatures and secure file rooms to automate tedious and repetitive tasks allows us to spend lots of quality time analyzing your business, consulting with all parties, and facilitating a deal where everyone walks away happy. Selling a business is a lot of work! A typical seller transaction includes at least the following steps (sometimes more), with a lot of behind the scenes work on our part:
1. Initial conversation that includes a free, confidential strategic-exit consultation
2. Comprehensive business review and valuation
3. Listing presentation with price target and marketing strategy outline
4. Pre-launch (business packaging and confidential presentation creation)
5. Internal marketing launch to VIP buyer list
6. External marketing launch of non-confidential advertising across digital and conventional channels for maximum exposure
7. Buyer pre-screenings and NDAs (selecting from hundreds of candidates)
8. Confidential business reviews by top buyer matches
9. Tour business and introduce buyer and seller
10. Negotiation, offers, and letter-of-intent signing
11. Receive escrow deposit
12. Deal structuring and financing terms
13. Due diligence assistance/oversight using agreed upon team
14. Financial underwriting, packaging, and bank commitments
15. Drafting of purchase contracts by legal counsel
16. Final buyer items including entity creations, business planning and state registrations
17. Finalize new leases, lease assignments and real estate contracts (we are licensed realtors in Texas and can handle the real estate transactions)
18. Closing checklists, final inventory, etc.
19. Closing day
20. Transition assistance including press releases, company announcements, etc.
The good news is, we have a team of in-house experts navigating every step, working for you behind the scenes while you keep your hands on the wheel and continue “business as usual” as far as the outside world can see.
The beginning of your next chapter starts here
The beginning of your next chapter starts here
Who shouldn’t work with us?
Here are the most common reasons we decline to represent some business owners. If any of these apply to you, you’re probably not the right fit for our representation:
1. Business is too small for us. If your business is doing less than $500,000 in annual revenue. Less than $500,000 is usually too small to attract buyers or be bankable. We would refer you to a DIY strategy or a brokerage that does smaller transactions.
2. Business is too big for us. If your business is doing more than $25,000,000 in annual revenue, we will be happy to talk to you but may end up referring you to one of the boutique M&A firms we trust that is better equipped for that size of transaction in the middle-market space.
3. Business is losing money. Our buyers want profitable businesses and we specialize in cash flow based pricing support. We are not the right firm for liquidations, auctions, or distressed situations.
4. Business is too new. We prefer three or more full years of financials as that’s what most lenders need to feel comfortable, but one full year in business is an absolute minimum.
5. Business Owner wants to get paid for “potential”. Our buyers love businesses to have a big upside potential and we love sharing the story and vision, but we have to price the business based on the present. If you want to get paid based on what it “could be, with the right owner”, instead of receiving a fair price based on historical earnings, we are probably not the right firm for you. Buyers will buy the future (they’re an optimistic bunch, just like you!), but they’ll only pay the price of the present.
Selling your business can unlock the future you’ve dreamed about.
“Texas Business Buyers had us a full price offer in 2 days! When they say they have Buyers ready to buy, they’re not kidding!”
Courtney McCutchen Former Owner- Farmer’s Insurance Agency, San Angelo TX
3 More Reasons to Get Your Free Opinion of Value:
Our signature is fair pricing on quality, private business listings run by high-integrity owners who keep clean books, but what else sets us apart?